I'm here to show you how to make a basic cake. Once you've got the skeleton, you can create variations. The result: A yummy cake, fast and easy.
Before starting, turn on the oven on low temperature and let it heat up.
Let's start the cake!
1 package of butter (200 gr) 2 cups of sugar 3 cups of flour 4 eggs
(yes, 1234 ).
Important: Use the same cup for the sugar and the flour, that's the secret of it!
Leave the butter out of the refrigerator for an hour or so, for it to soften. Put it on a bowl.
Add the sugar, mix mix mix.
Add a cup of flour. Miiiiiix.
Add one egg. More mixing.
Repeat last two steps until you're out of ingredients. Mix until everything is smooth.
Nowww, before cooking it...
- Add vanilla essence for a vanilla cake. - Add a cup of cocoa for a chocolate cake.
- Put half on another bowl and add cocoa to one of them and vanilla essence to the other. Bicolor cake! - Add vanilla essence and a spoon of rhum (mmmm!) - Add nuts to any of the above preparations (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts...) - Add chocolate chips. - Add some dried fruits.
And the customization isn't over, so stay tuned .
Once you've decided what you'll cake will have, it's time to put the dough on the oven (remember to put butter and flour to the recipient!)
After around 40 mins, the cake will be done. You'll know for sure when you put a toothpick to it and it doesn't get dirty.
(Note: That cake has been done with half the ingredients)
Let it cool off and...
You can split it in half (or even 3 times) and fill it with...
- Some syrup or jelly (or if you're lucky, dulce de leche!) - Whipped cream - Whipped cream and fresh fruits (Strawberries, mmmm!) - Whipped cream and dried fruits - Ice cream! (mint one, mmm!) - Chocolate mousse
And even more...
- Decorate with cream and fruits - Cover it in chocolate - Cover it with chocolate, cream and fruits - Cover it with chocolate and decorate with nuts
I so feel like cake now...
Damn, I ruined my cake, what now =(.
Not a problem, get truffles, AKA cake balls, out of it!
- Crumble the cake - Mix it with frosting - Add some liquor (my favourites: rum, bailey's or orange liquor) - Optional: Add some nuts (or peppermint candy) - Let it cool off a couple of hours on the refrigerator - Now take it out, get some of the mix with a fork and roll it into balls - Dip in chocolate, or in cocoa or, for a fun look, in coloured sprinkles. - Enjoy .
Sources of Information
The post is made up of the author's original content, or is a compliation of material from various places.