1. DON’T BE AFRAID TO RAVE. Raves are probably one of the most accepting places in the world, so you should never be reluctant to go to a rave because you think you wont fit in. It doesn’t matter if you’re black, white, mexican, asian, fat, or skinny, if you love EDM then you’re welcome with open arms.
2. YOU DON’T HAVE TO DRESS UP IF YOU DON’T WANT TO. Raves are not popularity contests, it doesn’t matter who has the coolest outfits or who looks the best. Those types of childish worries are better left in high school. A lot of people like to express themselves through clothing, while others prefer to just wear their normal clothes and thats totally 100% ok. You should wear whatever you feel comfortable in. So if you want to wear just a shirt and shorts, then do it. If you want to spend weeks planning and making an outfit then you can do that too. Just be yourself.
3. DON’T BE A PTOT. PTOT stands for prostitute toddler, which means if you are 13/14 years old, you should not dress like a stripper. Please dress age appropriate. No one likes a ptot.
4. REMEMBER PLUR: PEACE, LOVE, UNITY, RESPECT. Even if you don’t believe in it as much as other, you should ALWAYS follow it at an event. Don’t be unnecessarily rude to people, if you bump into someone say sorry, have common courtesy, don’t cause drama, keep the peace and leave your bad vibes at the door. Everyone is there to have fun, no one like a party pooper.
5. YOU DON’T NEED DRUGS TO HAVE FUN AT A RAVE. Raving is all about enjoying the music and atmosphere, and sharing that experience with people you have the same love for music that you do. You like music on a regular basis without needing drugs, so why would you need them to have fun at a rave? There’s nothing wrong with taking them every once in a while to enhance your experience, but if you’re just going to get fucked up and absolutely NEED them to have fun, then you dont belong there.
6. STAY HYDRATED. It’s important if you decide to take ecstasy that you stay hydrated. When you’re dancing a lot you sweat and your body’s sodium and water levels decrease, so it important to maintain those levels for your safety. Take sips of water every so often when you get thirsty. DO NOT CHUG YOUR WATER. Over hydrating can be just as, if not more deadly than under hydrating. In addition to drinking water, drink some type of sports drink like gatorade or powerade. These drinks are high in electrolytes and will help maintain your sodium levels. Drinking a combination of water and gatorade/powerade will help keep you hydrated and safe while at an event.
7. KNOW YOUR LIMITS. Never take more or a substance than you’re body can handle. You don’t want to be the reason the party had to end early.
8. DON’T BE AFRAID TO TRADE KANDI. If you see someone you’d like to trade with go up to them and ask them nicely if they’d like to. Not everyone will want to and thats ok, just say thanks anyway and go about your business.