5 Things you may or may not know about David Byrne
Yes, David Byrne- the quirky, crazy, super creative, lead singer from The Talking Heads. The following are some awesome things you may or may not know about him.
1. He Blew up the World! Byrne just made an installation in the great public park in Chelsea, NYC called the highline. It's an Outdoor inflatable installation with internal sound component.
2. He just wrote an book called The Bicycle Diaries. Bicycle Diaries chronicles David’s observations and insights — what he is seeing, whom he is meeting, what he is thinking about — as he pedals through and engages with some of the world’s major cities.
3. He has art installations in Tokyo. One of which is a bunch of guitar pedals.
4. He is a part of a Pace Gallery group show “Social Media,” where his contribution is a series of ads for mock iPhone apps that purport to add snark to your writing, to auto-reply to unwanted e-mails, to babysit your kids.)
5. He has Latin flavor! (As well as his own flavors!) David Byrne mixed beats from different latin rythms like samba, cumbia, and reggae in on his 1989 album, REI