Hey Socialphy, today I will show you how to get WhatsApps on the iPod Touch and iPad. There are a couple of different ways to do this so make sure you choose which one best works for you before you start the process. Here we go:
WhatsApp Messenger is a cross-platform mobile messaging app which allows you to exchange messages without having to pay for SMS. WhatsApp Messenger is available for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia and yes, those phones can all message each other! Because WhatsApp Messenger uses the same internet data plan that you use for email and web browsing, there is no cost to message and stay in touch with your friends.
Using iPhone Configuration Utility (sans Jailbreak)
With the iPhone Config. Utility it is possible to install WhatsApp on an unsupported iDevice, therefore you DO NOT need a jailbroken device.
I've read mixed reviews about installing it this way on the iPad but it will work on the iPod without worry so go ahead and try it. (Version 2.6.2). The reason for this is that the newest version has a hardware check which does not let the application start.
4. In the left column, click ‘Applications’ choose ‘Add’, browse to the iTunes Music folder Music ▸ iTunes Media ▸ Mobile Applications and select the package ‘WhatsApp.ipa’.
5. Now connect your iPod Touch to your Mac and select it under ‘Devices’. Click on the ‘Applications’ tab, select WhatsApp button and click on Install. WhatsApp will now be installed on your iPod Touch!
Jailbroken iPod Touch / iPad
Another way to install WhatsApp on your iPod Touch and iPad (you will however need a jailbroken device)
1. Before starting WhatsApp, go to Cydia.
2. Add BigBoss repository if it isn’t there
3. Search for WhatsPad and install the application.
4. Now install WhatsApp on your device, purchase it through iTunes.
5. WhatsApp should start connecting and send you the three digit code.
6. Enter it on the application and you should be up and running.
*Note: If you have no idea what your doing don't try this, or try it out but at least back up your device before you do*
Leave comments, feedback, and if you need help just ask
Sources of Information
The post is made up of the author's original content, or is a compliation of material from various places.