Guide of nokia n8Hello Socialphy
I leave a little guide for those just bought it or do not understand it very well:
1. Add frequently used applications / contacts to the home screen. The N8 has three fully customizable screens, active home. You can switch between them by sliding left or right, or pressing the button with three dots in the bottom center of the screen.
There are two ways to change the contents of the screen: just touch and hold the screen for a couple of seconds, or you can click on 'Options' and then' Edit screen, as shown below.
In both cases, you will be on display that is similar to the one below:
Now you can add new shortcuts by pressing the "plus" sign and select the desired widget / shortcut from the list widget catalog
2. Remove unwanted shortcuts Home screen. When you turn on the N8 for the first time can find some things in the house of screens that do not like. The easiest way to eliminate them is to do a similar procedure, as shown in the tip of a number. Once you get to the edit screen home screen, tap the shortcut does not want once, and you'll see a "remove" message shown up. Click it, and the shortcut is gone!
3. Rearrange shortcuts on the screen. If you're a neat person, you'll want to tweak each home screen "until it is perfect! Reorganization of the things that is on the home screen is super easy - as we saw earlier," Options ", click to then "Edit screen, and then simply drag and drop the shortcut you want to move to the desired position.
4. Change the home screen background. One of the great features of the new Symbian (not 3-screen) is the ability to have a different wallpaper for each home screen. Repeat the steps from the first tip ("Options -> Edit Home Screen" and then click on "Options -> Change the wallpaper." Will be given an option: "Default" and "Picture". Select "Default" if you want to keep the image as wallpaper set by the current theme of your phone, or "Image" You can select yourself. Select the image you like from your phone gallery, and see a new wallpaper box
The transition between screens will not be slower because of this, so feel free to add images to different different home screens. It is easier to distinguish in this way ...
5. Adding and changing your favorite applications on the home screen. Having more frequently used applications on the home screen is very useful, so the main screen to enter edit mode, and add the Shortcuts Widget widget catalog.
You will see the shortcut bar, with 4 applications on the screen. Click on it and click "Settings" to choose the four applications are here.
Once there, select the application you want for each field.
6. Add favorite contacts to the home screen. You can add to their loved ones and colleagues to the screen in a photo, contacts bar. For this it is necessary to repeat the steps of the tip 1, and click the 'plus' sign. You will see a flash catalog, and you must select a widget called "Favorites".
In doing so, you should notice a new widget on the screen. Click "Add" (in flash), and select up to 20 contacts! You make dialing the contacts you want and click "OK". The widget shows 4 contacts at once, so you move from left to right to see other people, or to add more people. Important note: if you add a power strip in one second to another home screen, and modify it, the contacts bar on the first screen was changed too, so you can not add 60 favorite contacts.
7. Remove unwanted contact on the main screen. If you add a contact by accident, or you're not just like that person anymore, you can remove his / her direct access by pressing the "Remove" button in the contacts bar, followed by checking the person who wants to expel from their favorites. If you can not see the "Delete" button, scroll left to right across the bar until you locate contacts.
8. Assign a picture to a local contact. Contacts bar looks much better if you add pictures to your favorite contacts. In doing so, you will also see a picture of a contact during a call, so this is another good reason to assign pictures to multiple contacts Assigning a photo found on the phone is a breeze -. Reach the contact card by pressing the icon on the contact you want to bookmark widget, or locate the contact from your contacts list. In doing so, simply click on the icon of the green statue, and see the "Add image" pop.
9. Assign a Facebook / Twitter photo to a contact. To do this, you need to have a Facebook or Twitter account, and you need to access at least one such service in N8 (in the application called Social Networks, naturally). As in the previous step, open the contact card, and now click on the "Social Networks" button. You will be taken to the aforementioned application and requested that the contact link in line with the "real" contact on the phone. If these names do not match, you can search the name online, and assign to the contact in the phone. When you find the contact you need, click on "More" and then "Use this picture in the contact card."
10. Add a mailbox to the home screen. This is a feature that only love - you can see multiple mailboxes at a glance! As usual, going to start the edit mode, click '+' sign, and select "Mail" from the list of widgets.
Now, you can add the email account you have already done (by simply clicking on it), or create a new one. If you choose to create a new mailbox, click on "Create a new mailbox," and follow the process of creation. More information on creating a new mailbox later.
11. Download more widgets from the Ovi Store. For more widgets, you can very easily download from the Ovi Store. When the widget catalog, click on the blue shopping bag icon who has written "OVI" everywhere, and download or buy the things you want. As time passes, there will be major players, so be patient.
12. Make all controls on a home screen online. Some widgets require network connection to display the news, updates, etc ... This is very useful, but sometimes (abroad, for example), you will be taken offline. This is very simple: click on "Options -> Player to offline mode", and will remain offline until you click "Widgets to online mode." This affects the 3 home screens!
13. Access various shortcuts from the home screen. Press the upper right corner of any screen (near the indicator of battery life), and you'll see a window with several useful shortcuts.
Depending on your connection active, this window may be different, but there will be three shortcuts: Connectivity, watch and battery. In addition, you can access various options, as shown in the picture above. More information about these options later, this is just a preview
14. Setting an alarm. It is very easy to set an alarm on the main screen. Just click the clock, and see the new screen with the "New Alarm" button. The press, and set the time you need to get up. (More on the clock and alarms later.)
15. Switch to another profile. If you need to change the way your N8 react to incoming calls and messages, click "General" button on the screen (the button displays the name of the active mode, do not always show General). In doing so, you will be able to select the profile you want from the dropdown list. detailed advice on profiles later.
16. Open Calendar. You can open the built-in calendar date by pressing the home screen.
17. Delete a home screen. If for some reason, thinks that three home screens too, you can delete one (or two) in just a few clicks. The unwanted screen, click "Options" and then "Delete the home screen." Click "Yes", and was reduced to two homescreens.
18. Add a new startup screen. If you have less than 3 home screens, you can add a new one (or two) to do this: Click on "Options -> New Home Screen". The new screen is added to the right of the current home screen , so keep that in mind when adding a new screen.
Okay, covered the board with respect to the home screen customization now Pressing the menu button below the 3.5 "capacitive touch screen, it will launch the menu N8.
19. Rearrange the icons as you like. In order to maximize their productivity, it is good to put all the icons in the desired location. All you need do is press "Options" then "Organize".
In doing so, see the menu in edit mode:
Now, just drag and drop any icon to the desired position. Once finished, click "Done".
20. Moving an icon to a different folder. I really think this is one of the most neglected of the Symbian operating system (not just the new version). You really can put a little order in the motion menu and classification of the icons as in the previous tip, click "Options -> Organize." And then hold the icon you want to move. You will see a popup window as follows:
Tap "Move to Folder", go to the destination folder and click it. Voila! The icon that is never used out of the way and buried in some folder. You can also drag and drop the icon folder.
21. Access to various menu shortcuts. As the tip is not. 13, you can get to some useful sites with one click! If the phone is oriented horizontally, click on the middle-bottom of the screen - is the position of the clock, if you have not noticed. If the screen is vertical, this advice is the same as no. 13.
As before, there are three permanent shortcuts: Connectivity, clock and battery, and some additional, depending on the active connections.
22. Change the layout of the menu. If you prefer a "list" menu design in the "red", it can change very quickly. When in the menu, press the "Options" then "List View". You will see a list of icons - not easy to navigate, if you ask me. If you want to switch back, do the same with the "grid view".
23. To minimize an open application. As you know, Symbian is the king of multitasking, so be sure to take this option absolutely brilliant. All you need to do, to submit any applications currently open to the background, briefly press the Menu key. Now, you can open some other applications, to obtain the data needed, and return to the application minimized. More information on the following advice.
24. Display the running applications. To return to the application you just minimized, you can do one of the following things: (wherever you are on the menu or at home), press the "Options" followed by "Show applications open ", or with more style, hold the menu key for about one second.
Either way, the Task Manager will appear, and you will see a scrollable list of thumbnails of running applications, as illustrated below. Go to the application you want to bring forward (also known as maximum), and click it.
25. Quickly close an open application. I would recommend to close an application as soon as you finish using it. In this way, will save the battery life and you have more RAM to work. Instead of taking the application of the front (as described in the previous tip) and then click on "Options -> Exit", simply press the "Close" button (marked with an "X" in the Task Manager, as shown in the picture above.
26. Close multiple applications at once. If you have multiple applications running, and no longer needs it, you can close them all in one click. Just open the Task Manager by pressing the Menu key and then press and hold any thumbnail to appear. You will see a screen below:
Just click "Close all", and all open applications are closed. Great time saver. I'd like another option in this list: "Close all but this," As Nokia if you're listening, please add this in future firmware upgrade.
Now you know some practical things on the Symbian ^ 3 menus and splash screens. It's time to go through the settings that help you customize and adjust as desired N8.
27. Use profiles. The mobile phone comes with 6 fully editable profiles, and is very smart to use them. Profile is a multi-setting group, which include selecting a ringtone, vibration options, etc.. Instead of turning off the phone during the meeting or to sleep, while, just put it in the appropriate profile. Open the menu, go to "Settings" and open "Profiles".
A list of phone profiles. If you go to bed, select the "Mute" profile, and your phone does not beep! In the "Meeting" profile, their N8 beeps when an incoming call, etc ... Profile called "connection" is a little different than the rest - you will not be able to use your phone for calls and text messages. This profile is intended for use on aircraft, and other places that prohibit the use of GSM communication. To activate a profile, simply click on it and select "Enable".
28. Editing a Profile. Symbian ^ 3 profiles have a high level of customization. You can change almost everything you want, so let's get started. Go to profiles, as described in the previous tip, click the profile you want to modify, then click "Customize". You will see a huge list of variable fields. All fields are more or less self-explanatory, so you should have no problems with customization.
29. Limit duration profile. This is a very useful option. You can set the exact time you want the profile to expire. For example, I like to change from "Silence" in "General" when I get up. This is done by opening the profiles as we did at the end of the 26, clicking on the desired profile, then click on "Scheduled". You will see the following screen, so setting the preferred time and click "OK". Note: After a timed profile expires, the phone will return to the previous active profile.
30. Change a theme. As you know, Symbian is absolutely great for customization, so you can change the entire look and feel of the phone. I like the themes elegant black with simple icons, like you see in the screenshots above. These issues are easy to use, and also to save battery life when compared with white (bright) issues! Go to "Settings" and then "Themes" and you will be on the next screen.
Select "General", and choose the theme you like. Here is a different theme, for your reference. You can download more themes from the Ovi Store.
31. Changing a screen saver. To be honest, I do not use screensavers, but the N8 could change that. Go to "Settings -> Themes -> Screen Saver", and see a list of installed screen savers.
Try them all to find the one you prefer. My friendly advice is to select the name "Big Clock". It's simple and elegant, and gives you the information you need ... Note: Depending on the configuration of your time, this clock can be digital or analog.
32. Change date and time settings related. In connection with their culture and geography, will have to change the date and time format. Just go to "Settings -> Phone -> Time and Date."
Click it, and you have a variety of options.
Make sure the correct time zone is set (this will change when traveling to a different time zone), and time and date format. My advice is to change the clock type to "Digital", because it takes less time to recognize the right time (Do you understand it does not matter ...). You can also configure the default pause time, if you want to sleep longer in the morning.
33. Manage the configuration of the motion sensor. N8 has a motion sensor screen rotation, and for some interesting options. We are still in "Settings -> Phone." Go to "Sensor settings", make sure that "sensors" field displays "On", click "Control Off", and see this screen:
The first option is very useful, for example: you're in a meeting and you have forgotten to put on your cellular profile of the meeting. The phone rings, and instead of rejecting the call, simply rotate the phone screen down and stop producing sound. I like having 3 fields marked but if for some reason did not want to have rotating screen, clear it.
34. Establish a phone lock code. This option is very useful (use with care - make sure you do not forget the code!) If you want to protect your N8. Go to "Settings -> Phone -> Phone Management", then "Security Settings" then "Phone and SIM card." Find the "bloqueoCampo Code" and enter a numeric password (and verify).
You can lock the phone by pressing the power button, and then "Phone Lock".
If we now try to unlock the N8, you will see the lock screen, followed by the screen that requires you to enter the lock code.
35. Lock your phone remotely! One of the best additions to the new Symbian is the ability to lock a lost phone by one SMS! If you lose your precious phone, this option is a cell-saver! You need to enable this, go to "Settings -> Phone -> Phone Management", then "Security Settings" then "Phone and SIM card." Now, find the "Remote phone lock" field and enable it.
You will be prompted to enter the remote lock message (password). Now you can lock your phone, even if you are not near the device, by sending an SMS (from any other phone) that contains the remote lock message.
36. Manage menu button flashes. Another helpful tip - N8 key menu can be opened and closed by the selected amount of time if there is an event (missed call or new message). To change the duration of incidents reported to flicker and go to "Settings -> Phone -> Notification light" and select "Notification light."
Now, select how long you want this button to open and close, and the events that trigger this blinking. I think 30 minutes is fine, and both missed call and a new message should be notified.
37. Uninstalling an application or theme. If you installed an application that you do not want more, you can uninstall by going to the Application Manager (Open Settings -> Application Manager). You will be on the next screen, so you tap the "Apply" Field:
The list of all installed applications are displayed, so you need to find the unwanted application or theme, tap and hold that application, and click the "Uninstall" button in the popup. Now click on "Yes", and the application is no more!
His N8 is a multimedia beast, but it's a phone, after all. Now let's change some settings regarding phone calls.
38. Activate call waiting. This option is great for conference calls, so be sure to enable it. You will be able to talk to several people at once, if you go to "Settings -> Calling - Call>" and click the "Call Waiting" on the ground.
Just click "Enable"
39. View the call duration during the call. If you want to track the duration of your calls while speaking, this option will come handy. Go to "Settings - Call> -> Calling" and enable "Show call duration" field.
40. Call summary screen when the call has ended. I like this feature because it shows the duration of the call as soon as you hang up. Go to "Settings -> Calling - Call>" and allow "summary after call" on the ground.
41. Change the USB connection type. When connecting the N8 to the PC, it automatically uses "Nokia OVI Suite" mode. This mode is useful for synchronization, but sometimes you just want to transfer files to / from the PC. To change this mode, go to "Settings -> Connectivity" and select "USB". You will see four USB modes available:
You can change the default type of the connection, simply by clicking on it, and can also change the type while you are connected!
42. Cost savings data connection. If you have a limited Dataplan can save you a bit of KB set the phone to automatically switch GPRS/3G connection to Wi-Fi, when available. Go to "Settings -> Connectivity", then select "Settings". In the first field select "WLAN known only", as illustrated.
43. Change the priority of Internet access points. When there are multiple Wi-Fi available, the best way to choose what we want is to prioritize. Visit "Settings -> Connectivity -> Settings" and click on "Destinations".
Simply tap "Change priority", and then click on the position you want to place the AP.
44. Create a new access point manually. There will be situations where you need to complete some advanced data specific WLAN (hidden and proxy-based networks come to mind). To do this, go to "Settings -> Connectivity -> Settings -> Destinations" and click the "Access Point" field. Asked if he would like to search for available WiFi access points. This will not work for hidden networks, so click "No" in that case. Otherwise, click "Yes" and select desired WiFi network. If you decide to manually add all the data, you should choose the type of access point (WLAN or packet data). After that, just follow the process of creation, and fill the necessary data.
45. Manage active connections. If you want to have total control of active data or WiFi connection, go to "Settings -> Connectivity" and open "connection manager". If there are zero active connections, you will see a "no active connection" message, and if you, for example, connected to Wi-Fi, you can find the name of the access point that connects your phone Symbian ^ 3 to the network and the duration of that connection:
If you tap that access point will be given detailed information about that network connection. If you tap and hold Access Point, you will be able to disconnect the access point. Very useful in some cases!
46. Hide unwanted WiFi networks. I was very happy when I saw this option. It allows you to jump WLAN access points for unwanted WiFi scanning process - very convenient in many places with WLAN! As in several previous tips, go to "Settings -> Connectivity", but now needs to "WLAN". When you do, you will see a list of all available WiFi networks in your environment. In order to show only the (s) used / like, do the following: Click "Options" and then "Filter WLAN".
Now, mark you want to put out of sight, and click "OK". (I had to delete the WLAN first, his name was obscene) ... That's all, you only see the WLAN you want in the future searches.
47. Exploring depending on the type of Bluetooth device.
This feature is also new, and I think it
ingenious! When pairing with a new
Bluetooth device, it is necessary to analyze the
nearby devices. In order to be more productive,
N8 can search by type of devices
(Audio devices, telephones, computers and
input devices). Just visit
"Settings -> Connectivity -> Bluetooth" and select
the second tab, "Paired devices".
If you tap and hold the name of your USB device,
you have some very useful options available.
Among others, you will be able to reformat the disk and
to change your name.
If you just click your USB listed,
you will see a list of files and folders
currently in it. Tap and hold
copy any file to memory
telephone to rename or delete it. This is what
same for the other direction (if you want to copy something
from the phone to the USB port) - locate the file /
folder using the File Manager, tap
for several seconds, and after pressing "Copy to
"folder, select the destination.
50. Always safely remove USB drives. This does not
is a necessary, but advisable. With the purpose of
prevent data loss, do the following: click on the
top right corner if the screen (or
menu, holding the phone vertical), or press
bottom to the center, if the menu by holding the
phone horizontally. You will see a window
emerging, and the press only "Remove the USB device."
51. Connect the USB mouse to your phone. This feature
is ideal not only for show, but for the
productivity too! Simply connect the mouse to
mentioned by USB cable, and you're good to go. The
mouse pointer (arrow) is displayed on the screen
phone. Check out the photo below. Cool,
Instead of tapping the screen, press the left button
mouse, and the tap will be simulated! Press the right
to minimize an application, or to open the menu.
Hold down the right key to open the
task manager. You can even use the wheel
Scroll to navigate through the gallery
more speed! Indeed, a feature
52. Receive reports of text messages.
This option is disabled by default key, and
really do not know why. To correct this error, go to
"Messages" and then under Options -> Settings ->
Text message ". Find the field named
"Receive report" and select "Yes".
53. Look for the registration icon. At first, I was
Symbian ^ 3 point but left the record
all data communications. Yes, it was so difficult to
find. The record is well hidden in
"Applications -> Tools" - not that deep in the
menu, but was the last place I looked. That's why we are
moved to the main (root) Menu folder.
54. Send an SMS from the call log. This is
another useful time saver. For example, imagine that
have missed a call, and you want to send a text to
the person who tried to reach. Instead of opening the
messaging application, just tap and hold the
registration call (this also
works for calls made and received), and see
a window, allowing you to quickly send the
message (among other things). Click on "Create
message ", and start typing
55. Send or share pictures simultaneously. This is
really a time saver, so pay attention.
Tap the photo, and choose, for example,
"All." Now click on the tick (check) in the
icon, and you will be in multiple choice mode.
Check the photos you want to send, then
Click on "Options -> Email" and select the method
56. Downloading applications from the Ovi Store. His N8 is
client preinstalled with OVI store, so get
new applications effortlessly. The number of Symbian ^
3 applications still not massive, but we will not
having to wait too long for more content
57. The use of WiFi when possible. WiFi
has several advantages over data connection: it is free,
is (usually) faster and consumes less battery,
so you must have this advice in mind all the time.
58. Add to favorite browser. This can
seem like a hassle at first, but you have to
think about the future because it will make your navigation
simpler. When you get to a specific page (for
frequent use), the addition of a marker can not be
simpler. Click the bidirectional arrow
bottom right of the screen to show the
hidden buttons, and then click on the 3
horizontal stripes (more options). You will see a
window with several icons.
Tap "Save bookmark" icon, the name of the marker, and
59. Download Language (s) in addition to the dictionary.
When you start the built-in "Dictionary" of the application
(Found in Applications -> Office), you
prompted to download another language (English is
preinstalled). To do that, and you have a decent
online translations and bilingual! Works great with
Serbia and translations of English.
60. Set the audio recording quality high.
The N8 has a fine of preinstalled software
audio recording called Recorder (located in
Applications -> Office). You can run the application
during the phone call and register, and in order
get the best sound quality, it is necessary to take
the following measures. Start the recorder, click on
"Options -> Settings" and select "High", In "
recording quality "field.
61. Set up an email account. Creation
a new mailbox can not be more convenient.
Just open the application called Mail (which is
located in the Applications folder) and click on the
"New" icon. If you are using one of the providers
popular email (Yahoo, Google, Hotmail,
OVI), all you need to fill is your e-
email and password. All
the rest is done automatically!
62. Update phone software
regularly. Nokia will release several updates
firmware for the phone, so make sure you have
always the latest version. Since all
Symbian ^ 3 phones support OTA (Over The
Air) updates, you can easily update
without the PC software. Just type in * #
0000 # (they are zeros), and see the details of the firmware.
Tap "Options -> Check for updates", and see if
an update from Nokia!
63. Launch of the camera by pressing the button
camera! Please do not go through the menu and find the icon
of the camera, this is the fastest way.
64. Adjust the resolution of the camera up. With
In order to have full-screen images, the
default resolution on my N8 was established in 9MP. If
You want the best quality, the launch of the
camera, and press "Options -> Settings". Change
the first field (image quality) for more
65. Enable video stabilization. The N8 can
720p video recording large, and this advice will make
video creation a little less volatile. Open the
camera, switch to video mode by clicking on the icon
video camera, and then click "Options ->
Settings ". Find the field labeled" Video
stabilization "and click on it to display" On
66. Turn on "Power saving mode". When the
battery is reduced to one (or two) bar (s) is very
Smart to activate this mode - which obscures the
screen, turn off Bluetooth, turn off the protective
screen and switch to GSM 3G network (which means:
no data traffic quickly and no video calling) ...
and in doing so, you will significantly prolong
phone operation. Just press the
encendidoY button scroll down until you see
"On energy saving". Click it, and how
is economically active. Also switch to save mode
energy at night, and so, I get most of the
[Size = 18] Greetings and embrace all [/ size][/b][/b]
Sources of Information
Are you sure you want to block this user?
¿Seguro deseas procesar este post?