Oat-Rageous Chocolate Chip Cookies (with Peanut Butter)
(13 Secret Ingredients)
2. PEANUT BUTTER
Some people like oatmeal cookies. Some like chocolate chip cookies. Yet others prefer peanut butter cookies. This recipe combines all three! The peanut butter in the dough makes them extra rich and delicious.
OAT-RAGEOUS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
Number of servings: Makes 3 dozen
How to make it (25 minutes)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter or margarine, peanut butter, sugar,
and brown sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and stir until well-combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until
lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
Source: Reader's Digest